Reddit has become a popular place to advertise products and services. While a lot of people are using it for social sharing, Reddit ads are also a great way to quickly grow your audience and convert traffic into leads. We’ve put together 5 tips that will help you use Reddit ads to your advantage.
Reddit ads are the most popular, most effective and most profitable lead generation tool on the Internet today. They can generate thousands of leads for your business, and I’m going to show you exactly how to use them to generate more sales.
No matter what industry you’re in, Reddit ads can be used to generate sales. They help businesses spread their message to a wide audience, and can be used on both Reddit and Reddit-owned properties, like Imgur or the Ask Me Anything subreddit (AMA), where users post questions and the best answers are featured on the site. To make the most of these ads, however, you have to learn how to use them properly.. Read more about reddit ads targeting and let us know what you think.
Are you looking for a new digital advertising channel to help you reach new consumers and expand your total reach?
If you answered yes, you should think about using Reddit advertisements. Reddit, on the other hand, has a very particular user base and culture, so you should familiarize yourself with the platform before beginning to advertise on it.
Why Should You Promote Your Business on Reddit?
For starters, Reddit can help you reach a far larger audience. Because of the site’s focus on niche communities, you can also target specific subsets (or subreddits) of your target demographic and directly offer them your services or products.
Finally, this relationship with personalised subsets allows you to enhance overall sales, especially if the product you’re promoting coincides with the interests of that dedicated subset.
What Are the Different Reddit Ad Types?
Marketers can choose between two sorts of ads on Reddit: sponsored posts and display posts.
Posts that have been promoted
These advertisements are accessible in two formats: link ads and text ads. Regardless of the format, they have the same light blue background as non-sponsored posts and seem extremely similar to normal material on Reddit. These posts also include a “Sponsored” tag to distinguish between sponsored and non-paid material.
- Link advertising: These Reddit ads are simple to make and build, and they provide a link to your website or a specific product page. Only a headline is required for link ads, which may be made using Reddit’s self-serve advertising platform.
- Text advertisements: These ads link to another Reddit page that might act as a landing page for your product or service. These ads can link to a product forum, a Reddit page with further product information, or any other internal Reddit page you choose to construct.
These ads, like the ones from Denny’s above, are ideal for generating interest in a new product or service among a very particular group of consumers.
Posts to Showcase
These Reddit advertising are banners or rich media ads, just like other standard display or banner ads. If you’re thinking about going all-in on a display post, keep in mind that these start at $30,000.
These ads are best suited for big businesses with big expenditures. Household names like Absolut and Duracell have been included in a few memorable ads.
5 Ways to Increase Your Sales Using Reddit Ads
While Reddit provides marketers and advertisers with access to a large audience, advertising on the network is notoriously difficult.
That isn’t to say that reaching your marketing objectives on Reddit is impossible. Make sure to follow these five tips to make sure your Reddit advertising are successful.
1. Look for a niche topic that is related to your brand.
We’ve used the term “subset” a lot in this article. What we mean is a very specific topic that is not only related to your business or product, but also sparks discussion among those who are interested in it.
You may better align with audience members who are likely to be interested in what your Reddit ad is promoting by identifying these subsets, resulting in increased sales among these people.
2. Communicate With Your Targeted Audience
It’s no secret that Redditors despise attempts at marketing on the network. Join and interact with your intended community long before delivering tailored Reddit advertising to that group to guarantee that your campaign does not become an eyesore.
Because you have already created trust within your micro-community, it will be much easier to generate product sales if you cultivate feelings of goodwill and general amicability.
3. Provide Immediate Benefit
The widespread distrust of commercial activity among Reddit users has been discussed. To counteract these feelings, consider what value your ad provides to your specific community.
This is also advantageous because it emphasizes why you—and your product or brand—belong in that community. When you mention the value of a specific ad in the text, you’re signaling to readers that you understand their time is valuable and that you’re deserving of their attention.
You develop a connection with the community by establishing expertise and demonstrating value, convincing them that you’re not only there to market, but also to solve their problems. What effect do alleviated pain points have on your profit margins? Sales have increased.
4. Allow viewers to comment on your ad and interact with them.
Reddit is all about community, and as we said before, if you enter an established community with clear motivations that aren’t aligned with that group’s beliefs, your Reddit advertising won’t go far.
To avoid being viewed as a money-hungry marketer, make an effort to engage with the community you’ve chosen to advertise to. To encourage openness and boost brand confidence, allow comments on your ads and engage in meaningful conversations with your audience.
5. Use Reddit to do customer research
Not sure which demographic to target with your marketing? You can figure out which subreddits are right for you by using several features that go beyond the search bar:
- r/findareddit: This subreddit is dedicated to assisting you in finding the folks you’re looking for. You can ask questions regarding communities and get expert answers in this group.
- You can also utilize third-party programs to search for keywords within communities, such as Redditlist.
Best Practices for Using Reddit Ads to Increase Sales
Reddit divides its recommended best practices into three groups: targeting, creativity, and management.
Here are the best practices in each category, according to the aggregate site:
When creating a Reddit ad, you have the option of targeting your campaign based on interest, community, targeted expansion, device, or geography. You may be even more granular by defining your audience through a combination of these lenses, ideally hitting your specialized demographic.
To create a creative and successful ad, use these guidelines:
- Make a strong value proposition.
- Make a new profile picture.
- Experiment with headlines that are longer.
- Make use of cultural references and humor.
- Ascertain that the headline and graphic tell a comprehensive story.
Advertisers can use a dashboard on Reddit to track the success or failure of their ads. These include both typical marketing KPIs and ones that are unique to Reddit. The following are some useful metrics to keep in mind:
- Impressions: the number of people who saw your ad.
- Clicks: the number of people who clicked on your ad and went to your desired location.
- Total spent on your campaign or ad group: the total amount you’ve spent on your campaign or ad group.
- The effective cost per thousand impressions is referred to as eCPM.
- CTR: the percentage of people that saw your ad and clicked on it.
- CPC stands for “cost per click.”
Great Reddit Ads Examples
Looking for some ideas for your own Reddit ad campaign? Smaller groups, as well as huge corporations like Duracell, have found success on Reddit.
We’ve broken down three of our favorite Reddit commercials below.
Tushy, a cult-favorite bidet manufacturer, used Reddit’s distinctive language to appeal to potential customers.
Tushy was able to successfully create a campaign that received not just chuckles, but also upvotes, by appealing to the comedy. The full power of understanding the community you’re seeking to market to is revealed here.
This bank used clever ad copy to target a specific Reddit audience: money-savvy gamers.
Ally Bank was able to successfully sell its brand by addressing directly to these two passions and attracting an audience that was interested in the issue and images.
Health Is Simple
Simple Health took advantage of Reddit’s potential to boost conversions and sales.
The organization successfully identified their target demographic and supplied material that they couldn’t ignore thanks to a sophisticated testing method.
How to Make Ads on Reddit
Building your first Reddit ad is quite simple once you’ve completed the fundamental labor of creating a Reddit account and signing into Reddit’s campaign management interface. Follow the four steps below to get started:
- Your Campaign’s NameOnly you, not other Reddit users, can see this.
- Define Your Target MarketYou can identify your target audience using six parameters in this step: -interests -locations -subreddits -devices (desktop and mobile web) -platforms (desktop and mobile web) (Android or iOS) -targeting at a specific time of day in advance
- Make a BudgetYou can select a daily maximum budget or a total campaign budget for Reddit ads. Reddit ads are charged by cost per thousand impressions (CPM), which means you pay a certain amount for 1,000 impressions on average.
- Choose Your ImaginativeYou’re on the verge of submitting your ad for approval. To build your ad, you must complete the following four steps: 1. Pick an ad kind. Include your headline in the second paragraph. 3. Add photographs to your gallery. 4. Submit for review and approval.
That concludes our discussion. You’ve also completed your first Reddit ad after completing those four steps.
Reddit Ads: Frequently Asked Questions
How much do Reddit advertising cost?
The price of a Reddit ad is determined by the type of ad. If you want to go the traditional approach with banner advertisements, you’ll need a lot of money because they start at $30,000. If you choose promoted posts, your budget will stretch considerably further. The cost per thousand impressions for these advertisements is $0.75 CPM for self-serve advertising.
What are the dimensions of Reddit ads?
If you’ve opted to use promoted posts to help you achieve your campaign goals, you’ll need to submit two photos and some writing. -thumbnail image (maximum 140×140 pixels) -image of a mobile card (1200628)
Are Reddit advertisements targeted?
Yes, the adverts on Reddit are targeted. As an advertiser, you may target your audience based on a variety of factors such as geography, age, and hobbies.
How Do Reddit Ads Appear?
Ads on Reddit can resemble the typical banner ads that are common in most digital advertising—you’ve probably seen them on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram. Promoted advertising, on the other hand, seem exactly like any other Reddit post, but for the blue box that distinguishes them from user-generated content.
Conclusion on Reddit Ads
If you want to boost your sales, Reddit is unquestionably a good place to start.
However, as we covered earlier in this essay, it is critical that you have a thorough understanding of your Reddit community; you cannot simply enter a subreddit and begin advertising to its users. If this is your plan, you will most likely fail.
Immerse yourself in the community instead. Learn the group’s language, as well as the common patterns of conduct and discussion. Engage with users to show your commitment and genuineness.
You can start your Reddit marketing approach after you’ve effectively ingratiated yourself with the community. You’re more likely to be one of the numerous success stories of increased sales using Reddit advertising if you have this underlying knowledge and mutual regard.
What’s the most effective Reddit marketing strategy you’ve seen?
- Unlock large volumes of SEO traffic with SEO. Take a look at the outcomes.
- Content Marketing – Our team develops incredible content that is shared, linked to, and drives traffic.
- Paid Media – successful paid solutions with a measurable return on investment.
Reddit is a social news site that has quickly become the number one destination for many different types of content, ranging from news, to short-form video, to webcomics and more. But mostly, Reddit is known as a place for content creators to promote their content and gain new fans.. Read more about reddit advertising cost 2022 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Reddit ads profitable?
Reddit ads are not profitable.
How do you do sales on Reddit?
I am not sure what you mean by sales.
How much does it cost to run ads on Reddit?
Reddit does not allow users to run ads on their website.