Snap Inc.’s (NYSE: SNAP) Snapchat product is a mobile phone-based messaging system that lets people send self-destructing messages that’s addictive as hell, and that’s why it has quickly become one of the most popular social media apps for teenagers. However, Snapchat is also downright annoying for brands. Why? Because in order to keep your social media presence visible, you need constant engagement.
Snapchat is a popular messaging app for adults and kids alike. It has been growing rapidly, and many brands have started their Snapchat story in just a few months. To help the brands to get the best out of Snapchat, this post will give you some useful tips, and will introduce you to some useful resources for Snapchat advertisers. But first, let’s have a look at the development of Snapchat over the last couple of years.
As Snapchat continues to gain popularity, marketers are looking for new ways to reach Snapchat users. Snapchat is now one of the most popular social media networks, with over 150 million daily users, and a significant portion of that user base is in their 18-24 year old demographic.
Snapchat is one of the most widely used social media platforms on the planet.
It has an average of 293 million daily active users.
On a daily basis, that’s a lot of people sharing and engaging with content.
The engagement levels are off the charts, even with such a large user base. On average, people open the app 30 times each day, and over 75 percent of 13 to 34-year-olds in the United States use it. Every day, over 5 billion Snaps are generated.
There’s no denying that Snapchat has a lot of promise in terms of numbers and engagement, so why aren’t you seeing results from it?
Some of my favorite Snapchat ad ideas, tips, and tools are included below to help you execute effective campaigns.
However, before we get started, we need to figure out if Snapchat advertisements are worth your time and money.
Why Should You Promote Your Business on Snapchat?
If your company caters to Gen Z and millennials, Snapchat could help you grow your user base, brand recognition, and sales.
Between these two generations, Snapchat has almost $1 trillion in direct spending power. It’s a platform worth revisiting, with one-third of consumers preferring to make purchases on their phones.
You can see a lot of companies who have had a lot of success with Snap Ads on Snapchat’s Inspiration page.
Spinnaker Nordic experimented with Snapchat advertising for three days and had amazing results. With ad expenditure of $759.04, the business was able to accomplish the following:
- +300,000 ad impressions
- Swipe Ups +1,300
- +24,000 visits to the site
- There have been 52 phone calls.
What if you don’t have $700 to spend on advertisements? It’s no issue. For as low as $5, you may advertise on Snapchat. You can test, learn, and optimize your advertisements on any budget with such a cheap daily minimum expenditure.
Is that not enough to persuade you?
Amazon has also partnered with Snapchat. If a user likes a product, all they have to do is aim their cameras at the barcode or product and hold down the long press button on the camera screen.
Following that, Snapchat will display a card with a link to the item on Amazon. The software has made online shopping one of the quickest and is one of the pioneers of augmented reality e-commerce.
10 Snapchat Ad Resources and Strategies
If there’s anything we can learn about how to be successful on Snapchat, it’s through our own mistakes.
Several businesses that use Snapchat report significant improvements in conversion rates and sales on their websites and mobile applications.
Here are some of the most effective Snapchat marketing tactics and tools to help you replicate their success and expand your company.
1. Include Polls in Your Snapchat Advertisements
Why should you be interested in poll advertisements?
It can, in fact, boost your interaction and views.
In 9 out of 10 campaigns on Instagram, polling stickers in Story Ads boosted the amount of three-second video views.
Your audience’s insights may also help you improve your advertising, help you stand out from the competition, and possibly boost your sales.
The only drawback? Unlike Instagram, Snapchat does not have a built-in polling function.
You can, however, replicate Instagram’s polling success on Snapchat by utilizing an app called Polly. Polly allows you to design polls and post them on Snapchat, where your followers may anonymously respond.
How to Make Polls Work for Your Snapchat Ads
- Ask your audience to vote on your newest flavors, colors, or product variations. You may use Selena Gomez vs as an example of social media trends. Miley Cyrus takes on your goods and pits them against one other.
- Quiz night at the bar: Who doesn’t like a good pub quiz? Put your audience’s wits to the test with Snapchat advertisements that have a game show feel to them. You may also send visitors to your website to see the solution.
- Observations from the audience: Do you want to discover what makes your target audience tick? Take a poll of them! It’s a fantastic method to see what material people like and what they want to see next from you.
Resources for Polling Ads:
2. Make Sure Your Snapchat Ads Are Sent to the Right Landing Page
You need to lead your viewers to the following stage, which is your landing page, after you have their attention. You don’t want people to look at your ad and then leave. You want to start an activity that will get people into your sales funnel and convert them.
What is the definition of a landing page?
It’s a standalone website designed for a marketing or advertising effort.
The aim of the page is typically something like:
- Sign-ups for email newsletters
- Downloads of white papers
If you’re an app creator, for example, you could send them to your Google Play or App Store download page. If you’re an e-commerce company, your landing page might include a link to subscribe to a newsletter and get a 15% discount coupon.
There are three distinct kinds of ad links available on Snap Ads:
- Attachments for web viewing: This is a fantastic way to increase online sales. When users swipe up, your landing page loads quickly.
- App install attachments: As a call to action, utilize the “Install Now” or “Download” buttons to lead visitors to your app installation page.
- Deep link attachments: Using this option, you may re-engage customers who have already downloaded your program. If a current user swipes up on your ad, you may send them to a specific area inside your app, such as the most recent collection or a special offer.
The one you choose is determined by the objectives of your landing page and the kinds of goods you offer on the app.
Use the tools below to help you create a high-converting landing page:
Resources for the landing page include:
3. Create Enticing Copy
In order for your Snapchat advertisements to be successful, you’ll need:
- fantastic visuals (no blurry, pixelated images or videos)
- a brief and succinct message (i.e., what is the purpose of the ad)
- call-to-action that is appealing (CTA)
Because Gen Z and millennials have short attention spans, Snapchat advises creating text that is simple to read, customized for your target demographic, and includes an offer message inside the first two seconds of the ad.
This was how Subway announced their new cheesy garlic bread. The commercial is just five seconds long and has only two brief words to convey its point.
Resources for Ad Copy
4. Use Snapchat Split Testing to Create Better-performing Ad Content
Spit testing, often known as A/B testing, is critical for increasing conversion rates. It allows you to focus on what works and eliminate what doesn’t. Most significantly, it assists you in saving money.
Gone are the days when you might waste your whole advertising budget on a campaign that failed to deliver. Split testing allows you to combine your most successful components to increase ROI, reduce the chance of failure, and build a winning ad plan.
When it comes to Snapchat advertising, how does spit testing work?
You may test various factors on your advertiser’s dashboard, such as:
Consider the following scenario: you want to test an audience. Perhaps you’re undecided about whether your next campaign should target 18 to 25-year-olds or 30 to 35-year-olds. With the split-testing tool, your creative, placement, and delivery will all be the same, but each ad set will target the various audiences you’ve established.
The test that achieves the lowest cost per objective is the winner. A target may be:
- installations of apps
- the tale begins
Create a campaign with the winning variable after you’re finished, and start seeing improved results from your ad expenditure.
Resources for Split Testing:
5. Make Use of the Ar Lens That May Be Purchased.
According to a Deloitte research, 94 percent of consumers anticipate to use augmented reality for purchasing, making Snapchat’s AR Lenses one of the app’s most useful features.
What precisely is augmented reality for shopping?
Users may engage with a brand or product using the filter. MAC, for example, offers four Snapchat lenses that allow users to experiment on 20 different lip and eye cosmetics.
The experience is very immersive. It advances the e-commerce experience by bringing the in-person shopping experience into your house.
It is not, however, limited to product-selling brands.
You could build a filter with classic Ru Paul’s Drag Race makeup looks and use it to advertise the upcoming season.
For games, you might make a filter based on one of your characters or a customized filter for certain seasons.
Burger King, for example, might do something special to commemorate International Burger Day or the Fourth of July.
Here’s how Starling Bank utilized the augmented reality lens in a campaign to raise brand awareness:
What’s the end result? In comparison to competing systems, the cost per install is 61 percent cheaper.
There are three shoppable AR categories to select from:
- The website has a “Buy Now” option. It’s ideal for e-commerce businesses since it allows you to connect to a product page.
- This option includes a “Watch” button and is ideal for advertising video material such as movie trailers.
- Install: The “Install Now” button directs visitors to the Google Play or App Store, where they may download apps.
What are the advantages of a Snapchat marketing strategy centered on AR lenses?
- Brand awareness: Their Creator Community lenses have had over 2 trillion views, and their Lens Studio has produced over 2 million lenses.
- Increased sales and fewer returns: AR users are twice as likely to buy and 30% less likely to return a product.
Shoppable AR Resources on Snapchat:
6. Incorporate Audience Insights
Audience Insights on Snapchat is a useful tool for advertisers. It may help you adjust your efforts to increase your conversion rate by providing a plethora of information about your audience.
You may compare and create new audience groups from the dashboard. The information, which is a combination of demographics, Snap Lifestyle Categories, and third-party partners, lets you learn more about your existing audience and find new niches for your business.
You may find that 70% of your audience is likewise interested in rock climbing if you use the Audience Insights dashboard. This interest may be used to improve and produce more relevant advertisements that appeal to your target demographic.
Isn’t that clever?
Snapchat’s data isn’t limited to just that.
Purchase intent is one of the finest elements on the dashboard. You can see at a glance how likely your target demographic is to buy your service or product.
You may also utilize the information to modify your Snapchat Ad bids by comparing purchase intent across various audiences.
Analyzing the Resources Available to Your Audience:
7. Make Use of User-Generated Content (UGC)
You’re losing out on chances to convert your audience into paying consumers if you don’t use user-generated content in your Snapchat ad campaign.
There’s lots of evidence that it’s a successful marketing approach.
- According to a research by Stackla, 79 percent of consumers say user-generated content influences their buying choices, and UGC is 9.8 times more influential than influencer material.
- Consumers believe that user-generated material is more memorable than conventional advertisements, with 31% agreeing.
- YouTube discovered that Gen Z and Millennials are more inclined than previous generations to view user-generated content (UGC).
Not only will your commercial be more likely to be seen in its entirety, but it will also seem more genuine and less over-produced, according to Snapchat.
Create advertisements with a comparable look and feel if you don’t have any UGC yet. Use Snapchat’s capabilities, have someone talk to the camera directly, and limit your commercials between five and six seconds long. Instead of seeming as an invasive commercial, it will look more natural and as an extension of previous Snaps.
Resources for User-Generated Content:
8. Match Your Snapchat Ad Goals to the Right Ad Format
You won’t get results with your Snapchat marketing campaign if you’re utilizing the incorrect ad format.
Each format is intended to assist you in achieving particular business objectives, such as:
- brand awareness
- boost your conversions
- increase sales
- boost the number of app downloads
Here’s a quick rundown of what each format can do for you:
- Collection advertising, narrative ads, and single picture or video ads are examples of dynamic ads. Dynamic advertisements are excellent for boosting sales and sign-ups.
- App install attachments: If you’re trying to promote an app, this is the ad type for you. Story advertisements, single image or video commercials, and lens AR experiences now include an Install Card at the bottom.
- Retargeting: Want to reach out to people who haven’t converted or interacted with your brand before? Story Ads are a great way to re-engage customers, raise brand recognition, and build loyalty.
Resources for Ad Formats:
9. Use Sound in Your Snapchat Ads
This suggestion may seem strange, particularly given facts such as the fact that 69 percent of people view movies without sound.
Isn’t it true that your Snapchat marketing approach should be soundless?
According to Snapchat, 64% of advertisements are seen with the sound turned on.
This isn’t all that unexpected.
As I previously said, the greatest Snapchat advertisements are those that blend in with a user’s feed and don’t interfere with their experience. Because the majority of Snapchat users view their friends’ Snaps with sound, your advertisements should do the same.
- Create commercials in which your consumers speak to the camera and provide a testimonial.
- Make use of sound to convey additional information (remember you only have about six seconds).
- Give your brand a face and give a short lesson.
Resources for Video Ads:
10. Make Goal-Based Bidding a Part of Your Bidding Strategy
Goal-based bidding is the last Snapchat ad technique you should use.
What is goal-based bidding, and how does it work?
It’s a tool that lets you tailor your ad spend to a particular action you want a Snapchatter to do, such as installing your app or purchasing something.
Snapchat will distribute your advertisements in the most effective manner possible to get the intended result if you select this cost-per-action.
What’s the end result?
Your advertisements will be shown to individuals who are most inclined to take action, resulting in increased conversions.
Resources for bidding on Snapchat ads include:
Frequently Asked Questions about Snapchat Ads
What are the different kinds of Snapchat advertisements?
On Snapchat, there are six ad types: single image video advertisements, filters, lenses, story ads, product catalog ads, and commercials.
How can I determine which Snapchat ad type is best for my company?
It depends on the goals of your campaign. Filters, for example, may help you create a branded conversion, while lenses can create interactive moments, the product catalog can display a variety of goods, and ads can help you raise brand recognition.
What does it cost to run a Snapchat ad?
The minimal daily expenditure for Snapchat ads is $5.
Why should I use Snapchat to promote my business?
If your target demographic is Gen Z and millennials, Snapchat is one of the most effective social media platforms for engaging with them and driving sales. The app covers 75% of Gen Z and millennials in the United States, has 293 million daily users, and individuals spend an average of 30 minutes each day on it.
Conclusion on Snapchat Ad Strategies and Resources
Snapchat is hardly a dormant social media site, since it has over 300 million users. It has a lot of clout, particularly among the younger generation.
It’s worth investing in Snapchat advertising if your brand appeals to Snapchat’s user base. Almost anybody can afford to build out effective Snapchat ad campaigns with such a low minimum daily expenditure.
Use AR technology to develop distinctive campaigns and generate buzz for your goods. Split test to discover what works and what doesn’t for your company, and you’ll see your acquisition cost drop as a result of increased conversions.
The ideas and tools listed above can help you design advertisements that will connect with your target audience, engage them, and motivate them to take action.
How can you get the most of your Snapchat ad spend?
- Unlock huge quantities of SEO traffic using SEO. Take a look at the outcomes.
- Content Marketing – Our team produces incredible content that is shared, linked to, and drives traffic.
- Paid Media – successful paid tactics with a measurable return on investment.
There are few things in life that are more frustrating than a lack of followers. It can be especially frustrating when you know you have great content to post and people follow you, but can’t seem to get the message out. Although Snapchat is still a relatively new social media platform, it’s huge potential for marketers has been clear for a while now. Not only is it an incredibly new and exciting way to create and share content, but it’s also a way for marketers to really target their audience and deliver messages specific to their business.. Read more about snapchat ads list and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make a good Snapchat ad?
You should make a Snapchat ad that is unique and interesting to your audience.
How do you promote ads on Snapchat?
The best way to promote ads on Snapchat is to create a geofilter. This can be done by using an app like SnapSeed and selecting the ad that you want to promote.
What type of ads are on Snapchat?
Snapchat has a variety of ads, including sponsored stories, sponsored lenses, and ads from brands.